What's The Cthulhu Hack?
It's a standalone game of investigation horror, pitting ordinary people against the sanity-shattering horrors of Lovecraftian gods and monsters.
It's a fast and simple system, with just two mechanics - Saves and Resources - that handle your ability to escape threats and to manage your dwindling faculties for investigation and sanity.
Why Choose The Cthulhu Hack?
Role-playing offers a lot of games set against a backdrop of Lovecraft's mythos; The Cthulhu Hack focuses on simple, accessible rules and mechanics designed to emulate the slow spiral of self-destruction that dominates Lovecraft's original tales. Campaigns becomes about the over-arching threat against the whole of humankind, rather than the insignificant lives of just a few investigators.
What's in the Core Book?
Revised and expanded since the original 2016 release, The Cthulhu Hack: Core Rules offers:
- simple mechanics to handle threats and investigation, using a standard set of seven polyhedral dice (from 1D4 to 1D20)
- read-to-play archetypes for quick pick-up play or a fast and flexible character creation system to tailor Investigators to your specific needs
- a range of tweaks to the core mechanics, both standard and optional, to tailor the game to your style - including Wealth, Fortune, Adrenalin and Shock
- a shambling horde of Mythos horrors - including Mi-Go, Deep Ones, Shoggoth and more - to challenge your Investigators
- a complete and updated adventure - Save Innsmouth - as well as a 2-page example of play